Thursday, March 9, 2017

                                   Operating Room Technician

Duties and Responsibilities: A duty for the operating room technicians is they put the gowns and the gloves on the surgeon and surgical assistants. Their main point is to make sure the patient has the best possible care after their surgery. Basically what they do is that after the patient's surgery is done the operating room technicians will help them and provide them in what they need.

Salary:$45,940 for all surgical technologist

Education:
  • Postsecondary non-degree award
  • Graduate from a accredited surgical technology program is necessary to become initially certified as an  surgical technologist.

Demands Needed for this profession:
  • Organized
  • Orderly
  • Expected to be familiar with surgical procedures and keep current on advances to the field.
  • Conscience to what they are doing.      


                               
Reflection: I would like to be an operating room technician because I would really like to be a surgeon when I grow up and if I take it easy and start of as a operating room technician it will be easier when I am actually  a surgeon. It seems like a very good opportunity for me because even though they are just technicians they make good money and I would like to work in the medical field.  

No comments:

Post a Comment